Thursday, February 18, 2010

Fresh out of Drydock: 1400 Scale Klingon Bird of Prey






This model has been a long time in the making. I think it's the oldest model I own really, and I just now finished it... over 20 years later.

It started out as the Klingon BOP from the AMT/ERTL 3 piece adversary set. I painted this once as a kid, played with it, broke it, glued it back together, rebroke it, etc. Eventually years later I decided to strip it down, and add some of the detail I noticed was missing. I scribed new panel lines, bulked out the cowlings on the wings, rebuilt the rear engine and added misc detail all over. It was at this point that it went into a box for years until it resurfaced a few weeks ago. It was at this point that I put some final touches on it, rebuilt both disruptors from scratch (previous battle damage), primed it and painted it in one shot.

It took about 3 hours to paint using an assortment of Vallejo and Citadel hobby paint and washes. The base is an old STTNG Playmates Klingon base, repainted for this purpose.

Well, finally I finished her and she can be displayed with the rest of my 1400 scale fleet.

No comments:

Post a Comment